Monday, March 15, 2010

Need Help Editing Pic, PLEASE!!!!

I'm desperately trying to edit a black and white picture. I want to make the white background transparent. I downloaded Adobe Photoshop CS4 trial version cause I read that's the only program to really do transparent backgrounds in. If someone is familiar with this program, I really need a detailed run thru on how to do transparent backgrounds for a single color. If someone knows another program I can do this in and can provide the details on how to do it that would be great also, as long as the program is free or has a free trial version.

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi! You're my only hope!"

2 comments:

  1. Pull image into CS4. Go to Image menu, select Mode, select RGB Color. Open the layers window. There should only be one layer (called background). Make a copy of the layer and discard the original layer. Grab the magic wand tool and select the white space. Delete. Go to the File menu, select Save For Web. A big dialog opens up. Make sure the Transparency box is checked and Save file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much!!! Worked like a charm once I found the magic wand..hehe apparently in this version the magic wand icon shares a spot with another tool so you have to switch them...was very annoying. But pic came out perfect..thx again!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.